BEST SINGER PROTOCOL DOCUMENT
Stage: Semi Finale
Age category: Kids Talent Category: Best Singer
Purpose of the document: Use this document for guidelines purposes only for IET SEASON 2 – BEST SINGER category 2022. This is the Semi Finale Audition Protocol Document. This document will provide details on stages, rules, guidelines, marking, scoring, self-campaign points for The Best Singer and how to progress to Semi Final Stage with other important information. Please read this document carefully.
This Category will have three stages after successful participation confirmation.
- Stage 1: Group Level Auditions (Oct 2021 – Dec 2022): DONE
- Stage 2: Semi Finale – Jan 2023
- Stage 3: Grand Finale – Targeting in Early 2023 (Subject to change)
This document is for Stage 2: Semi Finale Level of Auditions only
“INDIA’S EMERGING TALENT- DE HUNAR KO PEHCHAN” SEASON 2 AWARDS
The BEST SINGER contains 5 age divisions categories for the participants.
There are different types of performance categories. This protocol document contains the information that is used for the children to participate in the BEST SINGER category that is to be conducted. So please read this document carefully.
SEMI FINALE (Solo & Group)
| CATEGORY|| AGE|
| Toddler|| 2 – 4 years|
| Kids junior|| 5 – 8 Years|
| Kids senior|| 9 – 12 Years|
| Teens junior|| 13 – 15 Years|
| Teens senior|| 16 – 19 Years|
*The contestants can apply under the respective age category for the IET SEASON 2 – BEST SINGER category in https://funkids.in/ietseason2/.
For a group performance, up to 10 people are allowed to form one group.
The Best Singer category comprised disparate genres to be unveiled to our esteemed Judges/ Jury. The categories are,
- Hip hop music – Comprising rhythmic lyrics making use of techniques like assonance, alliteration, and rhyme.
- Pop music – Genre of popular music that produces the most hits. They have a good rhythm, a catchy melody, and are easy to remember and sing along to.
- Jazz – Incorporates swing and syncopation, improvisation, bent notes and modes, and distinctive voices.
- Country music – Often consists of ballads and dance tunes with generally simple forms, folk lyrics, and harmonies mostly accompanied by string instruments such as banjos, electric and acoustic guitars, steel guitars (such as pedal steels and dobros), and fiddles as well as harmonicas.
- Rhythm and Blues – Features a distinctive record production style, drum machine-backed rhythms, pitch corrected vocals, and a smooth, lush style of vocal arrangement.
- Blues – Essentially a vocal form. Blues songs are lyrical rather than narrative; The emotion expressed is generally one of sadness or melancholy, often due to problems in love.
- Folk music – Music that is sung by the people, not music recorded in a studio or performed on a stage. The roots of this genre are in traditional music, but it is by no means all traditional.
- Classical music – Contains lighter, clearer texture than Baroque music and is less complex. It is mainly homophonic, using a clear melody line over a subordinate chordal accompaniment.
- Heavy metal – Traditionally characterized by loud distorted guitars, emphatic rhythms, dense bass-and-drum sound, and vigorous vocals.
- Soul music – Designed to convey strong emotions and typically has deep, meaningful lyrics created for this purpose.
- Pop rock – Basic characteristics of pop rock are loud drums, catchy bass lines and powerful vocal hooks.
- Funk – Features strong bass lines or music lines played by low-pitched instruments and has a heavy syncopated beat, meaning a beat with emphasis changed from strong beats to off beats and accents.
- Punk rock – The vocals are sometimes nasal, and the lyrics are often shouted rather than sung in the conventional sense.
- Gospel music – Usually has dominant vocals (often with strong use of harmony) with Christian lyrics.
- Reggae – Incorporates plenty of off-beat rhythms.
- House music – The genre is characterized by repetitive 4/4 rhythms including bass drums, off-beat hi-hats, snare drums, claps, and/or snaps at a tempo between 120 and 130 beats per minute (bpm), synthesizer riffs, deep basslines, and often, but not necessarily, sung, spoken or sampled vocals.
- Techno – Tends to be highly repetitive, instrumentally-oriented music which follows a regular four-on-the-floor beat.
- K-pop – Consists of an assortment of other genres such as electronic, hip-hop, rock and R&B music.
- Indie rock – Styles are extremely diverse, including punk, psychedelia, post-punk and country.
- Rapper – Write own lyrics, organize and memorize and rap.
- Swing music – In swing rhythm, the pulse is divided unequally, such that certain subdivisions (typically either eighth note or sixteenth note subdivisions) alternate between long and short durations.
- Grunge – The grunge singing style was similar to the “outburst” of loud, heavily distorted electric guitar in tone and delivery.
- New wave – Common characteristics of new wave music include a humorous or quirky pop approach, the use of electronic sounds, and a distinctive visual style featured in music videos and fashion.
- Reggaeton – It has the unique and definitive ‘boom-ch-boom- chick’ sound. Reggaeton usually uses drum beats and the beat is generally fast.
- Contemporary R&B – Features a distinctive record production style, drum machine-backed rhythms, pitch corrected vocals, and a smooth, lush style of vocal arrangement.
- Emo – Style of rock music characterized by melodic musicianship and expressive, often confessional lyrics.
- Crossover music – Contains tracks differing musical styles or genres.
- Jazz fusion – Jazz-rock, also called fusion, is a popular musical form in which modern jazz improvisation is accompanied by the bass lines, drumming styles, and instrumentation of rock music, with a strong emphasis on electronic instruments and dance rhythms.
- Trance music – Distinguished by a tempo lying between 135-150 bpm, repeating melodic phrases and a musical form that distinctly builds tension and elements throughout a track often culminating in 1 to 2 “peaks” or “drops”.
- Hard rock – Hard rock or heavy rock is a loosely defined subgenre of rock music typified by a heavy use of aggressive vocals, distorted electric guitars, bass guitar, and drums, sometimes accompanied with keyboards.
- Music of India – Encompass numerous genres, multiple varieties and forms which include Classical music, Folk music, Filmi (Bollywood), Rock, and Pop.
- Country rock – A subgenre of popular music, formed from the fusion of rock and country.
- Western music – A form of country composed by and about the people who settled and worked throughout the Western United States and Western Canada. Western music celebrates the lifestyle of the cowboy on the open ranges, Rocky Mountains, and prairies of Western North America.
- Opera – Like a play in which everything is sung instead of spoken.
- Salsa music – Includes a time signature of 4/4; uses clave rhythms (usually played by claves) which provide the rhythmic foundation; has melodic and rhythmic syncopation; uses simple harmony based on repeated chord patterns, often in the minor key; uses call and response vocals.
The Semi Finalists will do their Live Performance for a specific time slot. Judges and panelists will give 100 points based on the performance.
*Kindly refer to the PERFORMANCE CATEGORIES for types of genres. It will help you in this phase of singing.
In Live performance, there is only one level of stage performance for all the contestants in this SEMI FINALE. This phase carries 100 points for each contestant/ group, in which the contestants have to score the maximum points they can earn by their astonishing performance.
* Please ensure the performance is the solo work of the contestant/ a group and any plagiarism will disqualify the contestant(s). Semi Finalists have to be ready with their background music or karaoke to be used for singing before the performance. Please mail your music audio with your name, IET number and name of the song with duration to email@example.com before 12th Jan, 2023.
- For Solo – One minute will be given for the Introduction to the judges, 2 minutes for the performance and one minute for Judges feedback after the performance.
- For Group – Two minutes will be given for the introduction to the judges, up to 4 minutes for a group performance and two minutes for Judges after the performance.
- For Setup – One minute for the Solo and two minutes for the Group e.g. Tabla, Guitar etc.
Ensure to respect timelines, as timer will be used and no extra time will be provided on the spot.
For Musical Instruments Provision
- We won’t be able to provide Instruments in this Semi Finale.
- We request you to arrange the instruments by yourself.
- You can rent from a Delhi NCR shop for a day or two.
- We will only help you in returning the instruments if you are in an emergency to leave for your return train/ flight. Otherwise please pickup & drop your rented instruments from the shop.
- Fun Kids India will provide instruments in the Grand finale only.
The performances are primarily judged for their correctness. As the competition progresses, the more sophisticated criteria are applied for scoring which are,
| Intonation|| 40 points|
| Voice Quality|| 30 points|
| Rhythmic Interpretation|| 15 points|
| Dynamics|| 10 points|
| Song Choice/Prep|| 5 points|
* Total 100 points.
CUT OFF SCORE
Top 7 from each age category will be invited to the IET Grand Finale based on judges and jury scores. Cut off scores will be decided by the Judges/ Jury on the basis of the number of participants, their score level depending on the number of spaces available for the Grand Finale.
We strongly believe that positive-reinforcement is a crucial educational tool, which is integral to the construction of a child’s self-esteem. Our Judges strive to employ this philosophy in each of their evaluations.
- Scores are averaged for all judges to determine the final score.
- Audition scores can’t be disclosed apart from Judges and Juries.
Note: It’s important to keep practicing your songs as this will help you to win the future IET Awards. Make sure to keep the background music/karaoke with you before coming for the show to avoid last minute rush.
The candidate should follow these rules for delivering the talent in their Semi Finale Competition. So read these guidelines carefully.
- The Best Singer talent which is going to be perform should be fun and riskless
- The candidate should accomplish the talent within the time duration
- The talent should accommodate with Positive attitude
- Furnish the credibility in a confident demeanour
- Keep it natural and keep it simple
- Ensure your act/performance is of Universal category, which is safe for kids and families to watch
There are few obstructions for how to deliver the talent in both semblance and communication levels. Therefore, the candidates should follow those stipulations requisite.
- Hair should be out of your face
- Take off your glasses because it would be helpful in judging your eye contact
- Tone inflection and delivery should be like a normal conversation
- Avoid gobbling, chewing, chomping, gnawing or nibbling your words
- Don’t burble
- Don’t turn your back to the Judges/Jury, unless required by the performance
- Don’t be insightful, if the content is not new or fresh
- Comprisal of any political party names or their activities or any controversial topic or any incidents regarding individuals is strictly proscribed during the performance.
- Contestants will stop their performance if they exceed the time limit.
- The talent must be substantially genuine. If any fraudulence is found, then the contestant should be notified of disqualification before the winners are announced.
- Consumption of any properties/stunts for performance must be acquaint earlier
Make a roadmap for your performance and ready to rehearse before the Competition. You have roughly 2 minutes to bring off your skills with this round. Tell yourself that your enactment is powerful and you are a strong Contestant. You owe it to yourself to have fun and utilize those 2 minutes. Keep your energy as high as possible. Be passionate about what you say. Have fun!!!
SELF CAMPAIGN BONUS POINTS
We appreciate that parents, friends and families want to do more to showcase the talent and help the child to win this International Award. To achieve this, we will be giving 5 points to a child. So, it’s important that you all keep sharing the child’s top photos and videos with your friends and families on social media, e.g. Facebook, YouTube and on Instagram. You can hashtag that photo or video as #CHILDFULLNAME #IETSEASON2 #FUNKIDSINDIA #INDIASEMERGINGTALENT #IETS2SemiFinale #IETTOP100
Hence, the final score will include these points. More you campaign, the more score the child will get. This will be calculated in a percentile. The Top SELF CAMPAIGN will have 5 points and rest will have a percentile of that.
For example, when we search with a Child Name using a hashtag, we will look at the numbers of post tags, shares, comments etc. on the photo and video of the child. One child has done 100 posts share, got 1000 likes on those posts and he/ she has done the maximum self-campaign as per the research, then this child will get a full 5 points. Rest children will get percentile points.
So it’s good to keep sharing the posts and use correct hashtags. This will increase the chances of your child to get bonus points.
Our Website and Social Media platforms links are below.
Good luck!! Have a great Fun Learning with Fun Kids India.
COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
The Judges, Contestants, Audience and Fun Kids India Crew should follow the safety measures while gathering for the Semi Finale.
- Required Government Covid-19 Guidelines must be followed at all times. Please bring your masks, hand sanitizers, maintain 2-meter social distance for others etc.
- While coming to the Competition, ensure to keep your family safe during travel and Semi Finale.
- Be respectful to others all the time. Any inappropriate behavior won’t be tolerated against Fun Kids India Team, Judges, other contestants and families, audiences, etc.
- Ensure to follow instructions given by Fun Kids India Team.
- At the entry gate during Audition, you will be provided with a mask, hand sanitizer and also our team will check the temperature.
- All will be required to wear a face covering, maintain social distancing and use hand sanitizers during the Audition. However, contestants, Judges, Jury, anchors and authorized persons will be exempt from wearing masks during the performances.
* Covid requirements are should and not Must. We should follow what Gov guidelines say.
* Live Semi Finale Day – 15th January, 2023
* Show Duration – 8 AM to 8 PM
* Venue: Dilli Haat Janakpuri, Lal Sain Mandir Marg, Virender Nagar, Janakpuri, New Delhi, Delhi 110058, India.
Semi Finale selection process, performance videos and results will be released on FunKidsIndia website and partner channels.
To register for Audition, visit https://funkids.in/ietseason2/ for more details.
Any query email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more fun learning videos & songs for kids & family visit our –
➛Subscribe to our YouTube channel for latest videos and news related to kids: http://bit.ly/2TFtKpr
Note: Our Terms & Conditions apply to this document. Please see them here. https://www.funkids.in/terms-conditions/